Last year, I met an amazing man, and we got married in November. He has a 16 year old son, and we welcomed a baby girl in January. If you asked me a year ago where I thought I would be in a year, married with 3 kids would not have even been on my radar, but it has been the best year of my life! Unbelievable, really, and I cannot believe how blessed I am. I also have the amazing opportunity now to be a stay at home mom. Wow. I have learned a lot about myself this year. I also love making lists. In fact, lets make one now...
Things I have learned about myself this year:
- Being a stay at home mom is harder than my "real" job was, but it's way more awesome.
- Reality TV has nothing to do with actual reality. Seriously people.
- Some of my neighbors are weird. And not the ones you might think....
- this list is digressing, these aren't things I've learned about myself....lets try again....
- I am craftier than I realized, and it is more fun than I thought it would be.
- I have a
littleMAJOR addiction to the DIY section of Pinterest...
- who am I kidding...
Until now, I haven't had the opportunity to be home with Owen since he was just a few months old. Long, sad, and getting kinda boring story. Now, thanks to this amazingly huge blessing of an opportunity I get to do that with my 3 fantastic kids. They are seriously fun, and I know for a fact that I do not appreciate that enough. This being said, school is out....TOMORROW! and I have to say, I'm a little nervous about summer as a stay at home mom of 3 kids (ages 16, 8 and 4 months). What am I going to do with them all summer? and how can I work this out so it is not only a great summer, but we are all happier and more harmonious at the end of it than when we started? That is the point of this blog, I guess. uh-oh...I feel another list coming on....
My goals this summer are:
- To give my kids opportunities to have fun, and learn something
- To somehow help them become better humans.
- For us to not only not kill eachother, but get along even better than we already do.
- To give them happy memories.
5. Learn how to make my own bread. I really really really want to be one of "those" moms. really.
sorry, had to throw that in there. maybe I'm not so bad at lists after all.
As I look forward to the summer, I feel like I'm about to go up "the tummy hill way" again. I'm excited, and nervous, and I am pretty sure by the end of the summer I'm going to have that "I think I might puke but that was really, really fun" feeling in my stomach again. So, here we go folks. A new adventure, a new blog and a bright future. Cheers!
P.S. leave comments and share your ideas about how to make any of the above-mentioned goals a reality. seriously. do it. please and thank you. amen.